Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Life Just Ain't Fair Sometimes


 (Image found on pinterest.)

I should be celebrating my good news--No Evidence of Melanoma--but instead I find myself battling with life. Not just my own life, but the lives of those around me I care for. It seems like every day we are hearing about dirty scan results, blood work that changes lives, folks who lose their battles with cancer, jobs lost, houses that burn to the ground, etc. A sweet friend lost her father to cancer this week only months after losing her mother to cancer. Another college friend, a YOUNG new mother, joined us in the Cancer Society this week. My heart aches for my sweet friends and family. 2011 has been very unkind.

I realize things could always be worse--always--and some would argue that we are incredibly blessed. WE ARE. But, we are all struggling right now.

Life...it just ain't fair sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment