Friday, August 12, 2011

When I Grow Up...

Lately I have found myself questioning what I want to be when I grow up. In college, I thought I wanted to be a teacher. Then life got crazy and I realized that although I like the idea of teaching, I would not want to be confined in a way that teachers are these days. I admire wonderful teachers, in fact, I would say there are not enough of them; however, I know that it is not the career for me. 

Then I toyed with the idea of attending nursing school. I love being with people, I love knowing that what I do--no matter how small--can make life better for a person...even if it is only for a few minutes. Then I started thinking about my hate for needles, blood, and yuckiness...Nursing is not for me either.

So, what is for me? I love working with the public. I am truly a people person. I enjoy writing--to the point of being unable to sleep until I get certain thoughts written down. I am the girl who reads a book and bookmarks numerous pages that I later go back to ponder. I have a way of making people talk. I am a fairly good listener. I love to hear stories about other people. People fascinate me...Reporter? Oh, I don't know.

I had a few suggestions from my friends about what I should be when I grow up. Want to hear them?



- A dinosaur 
   (I would much rather be the famous giraffe from Toys-R-Us.)

-A Princess
    (What girl doesn't want to be a princess every now and then?)



Image found here

-A "bazillionare's wife"
        (Could I survive shopping, eating, working out, and attending charity functions for being my reasons for waking up in the morning? OK....I could probably make it work.....) 

Image found here


or...

A Writer
   (Could I do it? I just don't know.)

Image found here


I won't know unless I try.

1 comment:

  1. You'd be a great writer. And you don't have to write novels (which sounds REALLY intimidating). I see you more as writing articles for magazines and such. Like your alter-ego...Carrie Bradshaw. ;)

    ReplyDelete