Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Craving Time

Today was a big day for our little household. As most of you know I am Step-Live-In-Girlfriend-Mom (whatever you want to call me, I help take care of him 7 days a week, every other week!) to the cutest 5-year-old boy kindly referred to as G. Today was G's 1st day in Kindergarten!



Me: "What did you do in school today?"
G: "Played a lot, learned a little."
Me: "What did you learn?"
G: "I forget."
Me: "Your letters and your numbers?"
G: "Um, Chelsea, I already know my letters."
Me: Silence.

That's pretty much the extent of our convo about the "education" part of school today.
Not bad for a 1st day, I suppose...
I started dating B when G was 2.
Now he's a full-time student!
Boy, time flies...


Now--for the fun part of this post--tonight I am participating with some awesome ladies in "Me Myself and I" link-up!


1. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? 
 
I think I would attempt to find a job that allows me to write each and every day. I want to tell stories. The stories of heartache and triumph. Stories of second chances. Stories that are just waiting to be told to the right person.
 
 
2) If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time?

Thanks to that thing called melanoma, this question was one I actually had to debate. No, I was never told I only had a certain amount of time to live, but in the beginning days, we knew the melanoma had spread to my lymph nodes; however, we did not know if it had spread to my organs. For one whole week I had to wait to hear the news that my organs were clear. (I have to experience that fear again once every 3 months. Let me tell you, it f**king sucks.) Hearing the oncologist say, "It will not kill you right now..." has forced me to live life in a way I don't think I used to live. In other words, I eat the cupcake. 

Oh, and really, when you are in a position where life is uncertain, you crave the ones you love and more time. Always craving more time...


 
3) If a front page news article was written on you, what would the headline be?
 
Melanoma diva beats up that person who tells the beautiful 14 year-old girl that she needs to visit a tanning bed. OK, maybe not. But I really do hate tanning salons. 

Oh, and this wasn't a newspaper, it was a magazine, but I did end up on the cover...

 
 
4) What is your biggest pet peeve?  
 
Just one? I have thousands! A few to mention: People who make *weird* noises while eating. It makes me want to barf. Literally. AND having to clean up someone's pee off the seat!
 

People...is it so hard to Chew with your mouth closed?


5) What is your favorite chick flick movie?

Again, it's hard to pick just one. I am a sucker for a good girlie movie. The classics are my favorites: Steel Magnolias, Beaches, Fried Green Tomatoes, An Affair to Remember. Then there are the new(er) movies I fell in love with: Sweet Home Alabama, The Wedding Planner, Something Borrowed, and He's Just Not That Into You.

"Steel Magnolias"

sweet home alabama. :)

An Affair to Remember


Now I'm craving a good ol' chick flick. Maybe I can convince the boyfriend to let me borrow the tv for a while............

Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. Little G is such a cutie- what a fun roll you have! And I am really sorry you had Melanoma and that its a constant worry. I can understand why you would feel so strongly against the tanning bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! I heart your blog! I'm a new GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete