Sunday, August 5, 2012

I'm ONLY 25!


I am seriously in love with this article Emma Gray recently wrote for The Huffington Post titled "25 Things I know Now that I am 25."  People constantly ask me why I am not married, they are shocked that I don't have children, and seem to believe I should be further down this road called life. Hello! I'm only 25!

Well, here's my opinion on their opinion: Tough shit. I'm loving my life...just like it is.

Check out Emma's post, and maybe it can give you a little bit of comfort like it gave me.
I even blogged about it on my other site: http://adventurewithmelanoma.blogspot.com/2012/08/life-at-25.html

"Your body, your job and your love life might not be "perfect" -- in fact, it's a guarantee that they're not. But at a certain point you just have to realize that no one gives a sh*t nearly as much as you do about your "flaws." So take Nora Ephron's advice: put on that bikini and rock it the whole decade long. You'll thank yourself later."

Read the full article here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/emma-gray/25-things-i-know-now-that-im-turning-25_b_1726642.html


1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love this!! You are so real when you write :) And I just love your quote about being perfect. For most of my life I struggled with my body image and then one day woke up and realized that people don't care as much as I do. They care more about how I treat them and make them feel than they do about my weight.

    ReplyDelete