Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kickin' It Old School

It's a gloomy Sunday here in Southwest Virginia. After a night of (too many) fruity drinks, I'm totally diggin' any excuse to be lazy. I'm taking a break from being lazy simply to participate in this hilarious link-up with Neely over at A Complete Waste of Make-Up.

This Sunday Social is taking us back to our past. Since I live in an apartment in Roanoke now, I do not have access to all of my high school/middle school photo albums, so I'm breaking the rules a bit. I'm going to discuss my younger years. Please pardon me for being a rule breaker!

This Week's Questions: Kickin It Old School

1. What were you like in Middle School/HS?(pictures)

 I was pretty much silent. No, really. In a public place, I did not talk. I was so ridiculously shy! But in the privacy of our home? Yeah, I guess I was quite the little diva who fully enjoyed playing dress-up, performing dance routines for anyone who would watch, and being embarrassed by my family members. I wonder if my Grandmom still has this dress I could borrow to wear when I go to The Plaza.

chelsea--dress-up 
 randykissingchelsea


2.  What were your favorite past times?

I spent all of my time with my family. We were lucky enough to have family surrounding us so we never had random babysitters who weren't directly related to us in some way or another. I especially loved hanging with my Aunt Dee Dee! 

Scan0004

 Apparently there once was a time---many moons ago--when I enjoyed cooking with my Grandmom.

chelsea--cooking


3. What songs were you obsessed with?

According to my mom, I used to rock out to--on TOP of my Barbie Car-- "I Can't Dance" by Genesis, anything by John Michael Montgomery, Ace of Base, and all things Trisha Yearwood. 

4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe?

These shorts. Need I say more?
 
Scan0005

Our very 1st trip to Southwest VA. Who knew we would end up living here!

5. Who was your celeb crush?
 Pick one.  Nick Carter, Justin Timberlake, JTT!!!

6. What were your favorite tv shows/movies?
Besides anything my older sissy was watching, I loved Lambchop and Under the Umbrella Tree.







See! Wasn't that fun! 
 ...even if I did break the rules.



Sunday Social

5 comments:

  1. lamb chops, love it!! i recall that airing,but i am sure it was the reruns, when i was growing up :)

    cute blog!

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was reruns when I was watching too! :-) Thanks for reading!! Happy Sunday to you!

      Delete
  2. I definitely watched Under the Umbrella tree. It's been forever since I've seen it though, and can't beleive how fake the puppets actually look in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I clicked a link on Youtube while looking for a picture to post and was highly disappointed that the show wasn't as awesome as I remember it being!

      Delete
  3. Chels.....those cherished times with u and cara are so precious 2 me....so many good times...u make me so proud everyay....what an amazing role model and woman u have beccome.....I love u fom the tip of ur nose 2 the bottom of your toes....granddad is smiling looking down on u girl

    ReplyDelete